[cifs-protocol] Regarding DCERPC

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 02:23:50 MST 2009

Note, since I assume your question is in regard to DCE/RPC in a
windows environment,
the latest versions of Windows use a new type of transfer syntax called NDR64.

This is different from normal NDR in a number of ways.
I dont know off the top of my head where the documetns for that can be
found, maybe Tridge knows?

Otherwise, both samba4 and wireshark contains unmarshaller code to
handle NDR/NDR64 so the deltas between NDR and NDR64 can be seen there
in worst case.