[cifs-protocol] Structure of prefixMap over LDAP

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Dec 15 00:39:17 MST 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 06:22 +0000, Obaid Farooqi wrote:
> Hi Andrew:
> In an effort to fully understand your goals, please explain what you are looking
>  to achieve through the addition of documentation that defines the internal
> structure of the prefixMap attribute.

As a start:

The ability to generate a matching prefixMap attribute, should any
client request it.  The ability to verify prefixMap values over DRS and
LDAP to confirm consistency.  The ability to include prefixMap values in
comparison tests we may make between AD and Samba4.  An understanding of
how the contents of this attribute interacts with msDs-intID and other
prefix mapping functionality.

Finally, I'm simply looking to ensure that the documentation set
explains the format of every value (generated or otherwise) in AD, so we
don't have to come back to this later.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.