[cifs-protocol] SMBv1 multiple lock cancel behavior

Hongwei Sun hongweis at microsoft.com
Fri Dec 11 14:25:14 MST 2009

Proposed Response:

Steven,

    After review, we have confirmed that if the CANCEL_LOCK in SMB_COM_LOCKING_ANDX  bit is set, Windows based servers cancel only the first request in the lock array, and returns SUCCESS for the request.   We will update the MS-CIFS document with this behavior.

    If you have any questions, please let us  know.

Thanks!

Hongwei  Sun - Sr. Support Escalation Engineer
DSC Protocol  Team, Microsoft
hongweis at microsoft.com<mailto:hongweis at microsoft.com>
Tel:  469-7757027 x 57027