[cifs-protocol] [Pfif] SMB1 Trans2SetPathInfo() FileEndOfFileInformation is not enforcing share modes

Bill Wesse billwe at microsoft.com
Fri Dec 4 10:45:20 MST 2009

Thanks for the update - my Win7 client is also Ultimate, with no updates.

On another note, I just finished an initial debug on srv.sys; I have considerable analysis to do on the results, specifically tracking down the handles (just to make sure - even though there are no handle failures in either standard or SMB_INFO_PASSTHROUGH FileEndOfFileInformation information level for TRANS2_SET_PATH_INFORMATION).

There are additional functional checks on the information level, when less than SMB_INFO_PASSTHROUGH, which I still need to run down in the documentation.

I doubt I will be able to finish my work today, and do expect to be able to provide some reasonable information early next week.

Of course, this is all about what is supposed to be allowed when a client requests a 'native Windows NT operating system information level' ([MS-SMB] Appendix A note <158>: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc246806(PROT.13).aspx).

I have thus far not been able to find any specific commentary on this in the WDK documentation (but then, I am not a driver expert).

Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
Bill Wesse
MCSE, MCTS / Senior Escalation Engineer, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM
8055 Microsoft Way
Charlotte, NC 28273
TEL:  +1(980) 776-8200
CELL: +1(704) 661-5438