[cifs-protocol] [Pfif] SMB1 Trans2SetPathInfo() FileEndOfFileInformation is not enforcing share modes

Bill Wesse billwe at microsoft.com
Thu Dec 3 10:31:34 MST 2009

Good morning Tim. I have successfully reproduced the share problem with Trans2SetPathInfo() FileEndOfFileInformation, using smbtorture (RAW-SFILEINFO-END-OF-FILE ) against both Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 7. This, of course, will allow me to dig deeper into the problem.

Interestingly, WordCount/ByteCount truncation against the Dos INVALID_LEVEL error problem (trans2setpathinfo_against_win7_2.pcap) you saw did not reproduce with my clients (who succeeded against the ); the only significant difference I see in the traces you sent and my test traces is that my Win7/R2 targets were using SmbSecuritySignatures (your Win7 client did not).

I have attached my network captures (in both Wireshark tcp dump & Netmon 3.x format).

I will retry with security signatures disabled and get back to you with the results.

Regards,
Bill Wesse
MCSE, MCTS / Senior Escalation Engineer, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM
8055 Microsoft Way
Charlotte, NC 28273
TEL:  +1(980) 776-8200
CELL: +1(704) 661-5438