[cifs-protocol] RE: List of interfaces used by Trusted domains (SRX081021600181)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Oct 21 22:17:27 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 09:47 -0700, Bill Wesse wrote:
> Good morning Andrew. Bill Wesse here again. I have just taken
> ownership of this case (SRX081021600181), and have already begun work.
>
> Please note that the attached document ([SCENARIO_DOMAIN_TRUST].pdf)
> contains some of the information you are looking for (for external
> trusts only, at this point).
>
> I am currently setting up a virtual machine to house FreeBSD and MIT
> Kerberos in order to detail the network traffic involved with trust
> manipulation, and will keep you advised of my progress.

Thankyou very much.

One note I would make about the packet dumps, which form the majority of
this document is that while the cleartext headers are specified in
incredible detail, they provide little information.  At the same time,
the actually useful parts are still encrypted.

Perhaps these could be reversed, with the headers excluded (if an
implementer can't understand the headers, they should look at the right
RPC doc) but the payload in the clear.  This would save space, paper and
provide more useful information.