[cifs-protocol] RE: Status: SRX080811600226 ([MS-NRPC] 2.2.1.3.12 Trust Account Details) superceded by SRX081013600536: [MS-NRPC] operation backing store linkages

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Oct 17 05:11:34 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 06:40 -0700, Bill Wesse wrote:
> Good morning Andrew. For your review, I have attached a working
> document that details usage and Active Directory storage of several
> select parameters used by [MS-NRPC] operations.
>

> The parameter notes in the document are not complete, and several
> require additional research. Additionally, the document is organized
> around operation parameters by name, not by operation. This is for the
> purpose of brevity. I though it would be unproductive to insert
> comments into sections of the original [MS-NRPC] document as examples
> - which is what this doc is, example text.
>

> I would deeply appreciate your feedback concerning the quality of, and
> whether or not this is the sort of information you are looking for
> concerning the backing store information for the [MS-NRPC] operations
> parameters.

This is looking good, and seems quite a reasonable way to approach the
problem.  A few errors (just because I'm picky :-):

1.1 You give a lot of detail about accountName, except the actual
attribute.
1.3 DomainName is not stored in the DC attribute - this is just the
first component of the domain name.

The example objects are not the most useful thing - if they are just
un-annotated LDIF pastes. (I can usually find them by a simple search on
my test DC, but probably do help the hypothetical target of a
independent developer not performing network analysis).

I do look forward to the completed document.