[cifs-protocol] RE: MS-SAMR missing SID name use type ?

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 22:49:03 GMT 2008

I see where the confusion has arised from now.

LSA and SAMR both contain a definition for SID_NAME_TYPE but they are
subtly different.

The definitions of SID_NAME_TYPE in LSA and SAMR are identical up to
item 8 where the SAMR version ends.
LSA contains two extra name types   COMPUTER==9 and LABEL==10

Any particular reason why SAMR and LSA uses similar but different
definitions of this structure?
This leads to confusion.

regards
ronnie sahlberg