[cifs-protocol] Re: [Pfif] Correction Assistance Request: DataOffset in WRITE_ANDX request

Hongwei Sun hongweis at microsoft.com
Mon Nov 10 22:12:30 GMT 2008

Volker,

   The following is the information you requested regarding DataOffset in WRITE_ANDX request.

    Each request is self-describing, so the offset is always from the start of the SMB Header for the current message.  In this case, the DataOffset is relative to the SMB_HEADER of the current request (not just the first request).  The only offset in either protocol that spans multiple requests is the "AndXOffset/NextCommand" that links the requests.

    Please let us know if you have further questions.

Thanks !

Hongwei  Sun - Sr. Support Escalation Engineer DSC Protocol  Team, Microsoft
hongweis at microsoft.com
Tel:  469-7757027 x 57027