[cifs-protocol] RE: CreateTrustedDomainEX blob incorrect

Richard Guthrie rguthrie at microsoft.com
Tue Nov 4 19:33:25 GMT 2008

Andrew,

The section of the documentation that I sent you included the following updated text.  It was decided to put this information in section 2.2.58 because this structure is used by multiple interfaces.

        The incoming and outgoing authentication information buffer size included at the end of the LSAPR_TRUSTED_DOMAIN_AUTH_BLOB can be used to extract       the incoming and outgoing authentication information buffers from the LSAPR_TRUSTED_DOMAIN_AUTH_BLOB. Each of these buffers contains the byte   offset to both the current and the previous authentication information. This information can be used to extract current and (if any) previous   authentication information.

It would appear that the trustAuthInOutBlob in the IDL you provided does not correctly represent LSAPR_TRUSTED_DOMAIN_AUTH_BLOB as it is missing a count of incoming auth infos.  I have included some additional information in Layout of buffers in LSAPR_TRUSTED_DOMAIN_AUTH_BLOB pdf/docx documents that are attached.

        /* This is nopull,nopush because we pass count down to the
         * manual parser of AuthenticationInformationArray */
        typedef [public,nopull,nopush,noprint,gensize] struct {
                uint32 count; <-- There is only one count parameter here
                [relative] AuthenticationInformationArray *current;
                [relative] AuthenticationInformationArray *previous;
        } trustAuthInOutBlob;

Please let us know if there are further questions.

Richard Guthrie
Open Protocols Support Team
Support Escalation Engineer, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM
Tel: +1 (469) 775-7794
E-mail: rguthrie at microsoft.com