[cifs-protocol] RE: Specific sockaddr layout in MS-ADTS 7.3.1.7

Hongwei Sun hongweis at microsoft.com
Thu Jun 26 21:03:35 GMT 2008

Hi, Andrew,

   Thanks for your question regarding NETLOGON_NT_VERSION_5EX_WITH_IP flag.

   In terms of the server, it is not deprecated.  That is, current servers still support requests that include this flag and respond appropriately.  For a server to be interoperable with Windows clients,  it needs to accept the flag in either way whenever it is sent.  The documentation explains what server should do if the bit is set in the NtVersion flag and what server should do if it is not set and that it should be prepared to accept a communication that contains this flag at any time.  Any actions taken by a Windows client based on this flag do not affect the interoperability of a server implementation.

Thanks

Hongwei  Sun - Support Escalation Engineer

DSC Protocol  Team, Microsoft

hongweis at microsoft.com

Tel:  469-7757027 x 57027

We're hiring<http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=A976CE32-B0B9-41E3-AF57-05A82B88383E&start=1&interval=10&SortCol=DatePosted>