[cifs-protocol] Create Context Tags

Sebastian Canevari Sebastian.Canevari at microsoft.com
Tue Jun 3 20:42:43 GMT 2008

Hi Tridge,

I've just posted the following response at the forum.

Please let me know if you'll need further clarification on it.

Thanks!

Sebas

==============================

Hi Tridge,

After reviewing the document and the code, there will be a correction to the [MS-SMB2] document upcoming releases that will look close to the paragraph below:

3.3.5.9 Receiving an SMB2 CREATE Request

[snip]

The description contained here is for a generic create operation. Sections 3.3.5.9.1 through 3.3.5.9.7 detail server behavior when various create contexts are provided in the request, and describe how that affects server operation. All create contexts that are not specified in 2.2.13.2 SHOULD be failed with a STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER error. <WB>

<WB> Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 will not explicitly check for create contexts that are 4 bytes or larger.

Thanks again for helping us improve our documentation.

Regards,

Sebas

Sebastian Canevari
Support Escalation Engineer, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM
7100 N Hwy 161, Irving, TX - 75039
"Las Colinas - LC2"
Tel: +1 469 775 7849
e-mail: sebastc at microsoft.com