[cifs-protocol] RE: SMB2 create access masks

Sebastian Canevari Sebastian.Canevari at microsoft.com
Mon Jun 2 15:08:15 GMT 2008

Hi Andrew,

I've just posted this response for the following forum post: http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3430474&SiteID=1&mode=1

I've been reviewing the info on the document and I would need a little clarification from you.

 The mask that you are using 0D F0 FE 00, includes one bit that's described on the document (ACCESS_SYSTEM_SECURITY
0x01000000).

 It's not clear to us that you need this mask. Can you clarify what you're doing that you need it or I'd suggest dropping the bit from the mask as I state next...

If not, I would suggest to run your test with the following mask:  0C F0 FE 00

Thanks!

Sebastian Canevari
Support Escalation Engineer, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM
7100 N Hwy 161, Irving, TX - 75039
"Las Colinas - LC2"
Tel: +1 469 775 7849
e-mail: sebastc at microsoft.com