[cifs-protocol] Re: [Pfif] Relationship between trusted domain object

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Thu Jul 31 06:46:07 GMT 2008

Andrew Bartlett schrieb:
> I am requesting correction assistance regarding trusted domain objects:
>
> What is the relationship between the trusted domain object under
> cn=users,... and that under cn=system,...?
>
> The documentation in MS-ADTS 7.1.6 does not seen to cover the 'user'
> type objects.  How and when are the passwords updated in both objects,
> and what linkage is made between the two objects (I would have expected
> a DN forward and reverse link, such as between the computer account and
> it's entry in cn=configuration)

I assume the one in cn=otherdomain1,cn=users, is the trust account, if
your domain trusts 'otherdomain1'. It matches what samba3 has in it's
passdb.

And cn=otherdomain2, cn=system, holds information you need to contact
'otherdomain2', which itself trusts your domain. It matches what
samba3 has in the secrets.tdb.

I'm not 100% if this is correct...

metze