[cifs-protocol] RE: LSA trusted domains enumeration (for n=0)

Richard Guthrie rguthrie at microsoft.com
Tue Jul 22 13:33:45 GMT 2008

Andrew,

I will be assisting you with your issue regarding section 3.1.4.7.8.  I wanted to clarify what you sent in your link, to ensure I am reading your question correctly.  It looks like you removed functionality that sets the return value to NT_STATUS_OK (I assume this maps to the enum value 0x00000000 STATUS_SUCCESS) because the correct response is to return 0x8000001A STATUS_NO_MORE_ENTRIES which it looks like you do down in line 1148.  I ask just to make sure as I need to get more familiar with your version control software and how to read the change logs.  Just for my own education if I click the link "source/rpc_server/lsa/dcesrv_lsa.c" on the page you sent, that would take me to the latest source , correct?

If this is correct, then to re-state your question, you are looking for the processing section in MS-LSAD 3.1.4.7.7 (this applies to LsarEnumerateTrustedDomainsEx also) and 3.1.4.7.8 to be updated to include the case where "the number of trusted domains equals 0".  You are looking for the documentation to show that STATUS_NO_MORE_ENTRIES is the correct return status in this case, is that correct?

Richard Guthrie
Open Protocols Support Team
Support Escalation Engineer, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM 7100 N Hwy 161, Irving, TX - 75039 "Las Colinas - LC2"
Tel: +1 469 775 7794
E-mail: rguthrie at microsoft.com
We're hiring http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=A976CE32-B0B9-41E3-AF57-05A82B88383E&start=1&interval=10&SortCol=DatePosted