[cifs-protocol] RE: SNTP issues

Richard Guthrie rguthrie at microsoft.com
Mon Jul 7 16:49:07 GMT 2008

Andrew,

As per our discussio, I completed my investigation of this issue.  The last part of your question was around section 2.2 of the MS-SNTP documentation and the use of the term 'little-Endian' for the Key Identifier field.  The documentation failed to cover what the byte order was for the remaining fields in the request/response messages.  To correct this issue we have have added a statement to section 2.2 that reads as follows:

Note  In accordance with [RFC1305], all fields are in big-endian (network byte order) format unless otherwise specified.

Thank you helping us improve the documentation set.

Richard Guthrie
Open Protocols Support Team
Support Escalation Engineer, US-CSS DSC PROTOCOL TEAM 7100 N Hwy 161, Irving, TX - 75039 "Las Colinas - LC2"
Tel: +1 469 775 7794