[cifs-protocol] Re: Help wanted - simple python or perl script for schema conversion

Sreepathi Pai sree314 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 17:54:12 GMT 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:03 PM, Richard Guthrie
<rguthrie at microsoft.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> Thanks for the feedback, let me make sure I have correctly captured the issues you encountered with the schema doc:
>
> 1.)     Attribute msDS-ResultantPSO is missing the attributeId field
> 2.)     You observe the presence of two attribute values for a single valued field (Example is system flags in the included patch file).

The problems noted above and fixed in the patch are *not* with the
schema docs, but with the MS-AD_Schema_Attributes_v20080618.txt that
is (possibly) derived from them. The third issue not mentioned above
but also fixed in the patch is the presence of spurious line breaks.
The text file cannot be processed without these three issues being
fixed. The docs are okay with respect to the contents of the patch.

However, the docs (and the text file) also have a few trivial issues,
but they're mostly typos and inconsistencies. Hopefully you do not
mind me listing them here in addition to the above issues:

1) fCONFIDENTAIL instead of fCONFIDENTIAL in MS-ADA2, section 2.421
2) MS-ADA?.pdf uses fRODCFilteredAttribute, but MS-ADTS in section
2.2.9 refers to it as fRODCAttribute
3) fRODCFILTEREDATTRIBUTE instead of fRODCFilteredAttribute in
MS-ADA2, section 2.466 (I assume case is significant)

P.S.: I'm not on any of the lists, please cc me when necessary.
--
Sreepathi Pai