[Pfif] Subject: [cifs-protocol] CAR - NTCreateX options

John Dunning johndun at microsoft.com
Fri Aug 15 17:39:27 GMT 2008

Hello,
   I took a look at the capture raw-open. Frame 1091 is the frame which contains the client request Create with CreateOptions = 0x00002000, FILE_OPEN_BY_FILE_ID. The following frame, 1092 is the server response. The NTStatus returned by the server in that frame is: 0xC00000BB, Facility = FACILITY_SYSTEM, Severity = STATUS_SEVERITY_ERROR, Code = (187) STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED.

Are we looking at the same data? I feel like I am missing something here.

I am still looking into the rest of your questions however I wanted to make sure I understood your first question:

" MS-SMB section 2.2.8 says that FILE_OPEN_BY_FILE_ID should return STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED. We have found that win2008 returns STATUS_OK for this bit. Can you please tell us how this bit works?"

Thanks
John