[cifs-protocol] Problem - CIFS network throughput vs. NFS

Chuck McIntyre chuck.mcintyre at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 17:14:33 GMT 2007

I see the same kind of results, the attached is output form bonnie++
running on the same server against the same NAS (i.e. same raid group,
same disks, same hardware) just mounted first as CIFS and then as NFS.

I tried to do multiple tests against CIFS but it took so long to
complete that it was impossible. I will tell you that later I was able
to do more and they get the same results.

(see attached)