[cifs-protocol] Identifying Matching Share Subtrees

Scott Goldstein Scott.Goldstein at bluejungle.com
Fri Apr 28 23:46:56 GMT 2006

I'm definitely familiar with this method call.  In fact, this is the way
our tool is currently implemented.  Though, I was looking for a
non-windows, standard CIFS way to accomplish the same functionality for
two reasons:

1.  To allow the tool to be used for machines which do not run Windows
or with are NAS
2.  The Windows APIs require certain privileges when calling them to get
the local path.  Ideally, we would want to run our tool with a somewhat
lower privilege level.

So, if I understand you correctly, you don't know of a way to do this in
pure CIFS?

Given that, do you know if most server implementations of CIFS, which
are not windows, support some flavor of these rpc calls?

Scott