[cifs-protocol] Identifying Matching Share Subtrees

Adam Simpkins simpkins at neopathnetworks.com
Fri Apr 28 23:07:44 GMT 2006

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 05:05:44PM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Scott Goldstein wrote:
>
> > Excuse my lack of knowledge here, but when you say use the
> > "GetShareInfo() rpc", are you referring to something in the CIFS
> > protocol itself or a method on a particular CIFS client?  If it's the
> > former, is there a open source CIFS client which exposes this portion of
> > the protocol?
>
> I was referring to the NetShareGetInfo() RPC call provided on the
> \srvsvc pipe.

Just a heads up, but I have seen some servers lie about the path in
the NetShareGetInfo() response.  We've got a Snap Appliance server
that seems to report all of its shares as sibling directories
(each share shows up as "C:\shares\<share_name>"), even though some of
them are nested.

--
Adam Simpkins
simpkins at neopathnetworks.com