[ccache] ccache error: Failed to create temporary file... Read-only file system

Raju C K raju.ck at ihub-data.iiit.ac.in
Sun Oct 24 13:12:47 UTC 2021

________________________________

ccache *caches* something and writes the cache to some filesystem.
Obviously, that should be - thus - writable.
And obviously, the home directory of that use (or at least the
/home/ck/.ccache directory) is on a read-only mounted filesystem.

You need to tell more about your compiling environment (I never built
something for Android anywhere ...).

> Can anyone help or show some resources to read/refer ?
===
Oh.. Sorry for not elaborating.
The system worked fine earlier, in the same environment, where .ccache directory was read-write mounted system. No changes have been made to the configuration.

Error came up as a complete surprise, and I just wanted to verify whether any changes were made to ccache-4 that would throw up that warning.

I will keep investigating and will report back here, if I overcome this hurdle.

Thanks,
CK