[ccache] ccache error: Failed to create temporary file... Read-only file system

Bernd Petrovitsch bernd at tuxoid.at
Sun Oct 24 12:04:48 UTC 2021

Hi all!

On 22/10/2021 18:48, Raju C K via ccache wrote:
[...]
> I am trying to build bootimage from kernel sources for android. I have ccache enabled with max_size 90G.
> The ccache version is 4.2.1
>
> Compilation stops, throwing a "ccache error: Failed to create temporary file /home/ck/.ccache/tmp/tmp.a.Xdafd Read only file system".

ccache *caches* something and writes the cache to some filesystem.
Obviously, that should be - thus - writable.
And obviously, the home directory of that use (or at least the
/home/ck/.ccache directory) is on a read-only mounted filesystem.

You need to tell more about your compiling environment (I never built
something for Android anywhere ...).

> Can anyone help or show some resources to read/refer ?

Any basic Unix book/documentation should mention "rw vs ro" mounts of
filesystems (of any type) ...

Kind regards,
	Bernd
Bernd Petrovitsch                  Email : bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at