[ccache] Upgrading Ccache -> cache invalid?

Joel Rosdahl joel at rosdahl.net
Tue Oct 12 16:46:22 UTC 2021

On Tue, 12 Oct 2021 at 18:35, Sebert, Holger.ext via ccache
<ccache at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> I would like to upgrade Ccache from version 3.4.1 to 4.2 (or newer).
>
> Are the caches from the old version still valid or should I clean them up before upgrading?

The cached results from the old version will not be used by the new version. You
can clear the cache if you want, but you don't have to since the new version
will remove the old results eventually when the cache size limit is reached
anyway.

-- Joel