[ccache] ccache version 3.7.7 has been released
joel at rosdahl.net
Sun Jan 5 20:31:06 UTC 2020
ccache version 3.7.7 is now available.
The source archives have been signed with my OpenPGP key (ID 5594ADB8,
fingerprint 5A93 9A71 A467 92CF 5786 6A51 996D DA07 5594 ADB8):
You can run “gpg --verify ccache-3.7.7.tar.*.asc” to check the source
archive integrity after download.
- Fixed a bug related to object file location in the dependency file (if
using “-MD” or “-MMD” but not “-MF” and the build directory is not the same
as the source directory then the object file location in the “.d” file
would become incorrect). This fixes regression in ccache 3.7.5 introduced
by the bug fix related to EDG-based compilers. Note that this removes
support for EDG-based compilers again. (A better fix for this is planned
for ccache 4.0.)
- Removed the unify mode since it has bugs and shortcomings that are non-
trivial or impossible to fix: it doesn’t work with the direct mode, it
doesn’t handle C++ raw strings correctly, it can give false cache hits for
“.incbin” directives, it’s turned off when using “-g” and it can make line
numbers in warning messages and “__LINE__” macros incorrect.
- mtime and ctime values are now stored in the manifest files only when
sloppy_file_stat is set. This avoids adding superfluous manifest file
entries on direct mode cache misses.
- A “Result:” line is now always printed to the log.
- The “cache miss” statistics counter will now be updated for read-only cache
misses, making it consistent with the cache hit case.
Contributors (in alphabetical order) to this release:
- Joel Rosdahl
- Mizuha Himuraki
More information about the ccache