[ccache] icecc with cache: cache -s always 0.00 % ?

Joel Rosdahl joel at rosdahl.net
Thu Mar 7 20:26:35 UTC 2019

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 at 08:08, Haio Maio via ccache
<ccache at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On February 22, 2019 at 8:42 PM Joel Rosdahl <joel at rosdahl.net> wrote:
>
> > Before trying to set up icecc as a wrapper together with ccache, you need
> > to make sure that ccache is used by the command(s) that you abbreviated as
> > "compile".
> >
> > When you wrote "compile", which commands do you actually run to compile?
>
> I followed the instructions
> https://github.com/icecc/icecream#how-to-combine-icecream-with-ccache which
> didnt leat to any results.
>
> Do you have any other suggestions?

My suggestion is that you should re-read my previous answers and try to learn
how ccache works. There are no magic commands to run to solve your problem as
long as we don't know what the problem is.

Start by trying to get ccache to work properly without using icecc. Since you
haven't answered my question about which commands you actually run, this is
something you need to do yourself.

Good luck!

-- Joel