[ccache] ccache test failures

Forte, Greg Greg.Forte at sig.com
Fri Mar 16 11:52:17 UTC 2018

Thanks for the response!

> On 15 March 2018 at 20:33, Forte, Greg via ccache <ccache at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> > I've run into a few failures with 'make test' after building ccache
> > and I'm hoping someone here has insight into what might be causing
> > them, or can provide some leads on how to investigate further. [...]
>
> [...] What does
>
>     env | sed -n 's/^\(CCACHE_[A-Z0-9_]*\)=.*$/\1/p'
>
> return for you?

Nothing.

>  If it looks OK, you can try running the test suite like this:
>
>     bash -x test/run debug_prefix_map
> [...]
>     + unset CCACHE_DIR
>
> Note the “unset”.

Tried this with and without CCACHE_DIR set and exported - with it, I see the same output you showed, including the unset, and the test still fails:

Test suite:     debug_prefix_map
Test case:      Mapping of debug info CWD
Failure reason: Expected "cache hit (direct)" to be 1, actual 0

Same results without CCACHE_DIR preset, except of course for no "unset CCACHE_DIR" line.

> > IMPORTANT: The information contained in this email and/or its
> > attachments is confidential. [...]
>
>  Are you sure that you are allowed to post to public lists from your email address? :-P
>
> -- Joel

They don't leave me much choice - it was either that or scratch out that msg on my phone.  If the boilerplate is offensive (which I can see how it would be), I'll try to use gmail, but they block it here.

-greg