[ccache] CCACHE_DISABLE vs. unreadable ccache.conf

Joel Rosdahl joel at rosdahl.net
Wed Feb 8 20:33:45 UTC 2017

On 31 January 2017 at 13:00, marcin at mejor.pl <marcin at mejor.pl> wrote:
> So if I set CCACHE_DISABLE=1 is any reason to read other variables from config
files?

Well, ccache currently notes in the log file (if enabled) that it is has
been disabled before handing over to the compiler. And how to enable
logging? You can either set the CCACHE_LOGFILE variable or you can set
log_file in the configuration file... Another dependency on the
configuration is that CCACHE_PREFIX (prefix_command in the configuration
file) is applied even when ccache is disabled. So yes, I think it needs to
stay this way.

> Should be "Permission denied" error in reading conf files critical? Wouldn't
be better to
> omit such conf file and emit warning only?

Sounds reasonable, I'll look into it.

-- Joel