[ccache] Shared cache (Ubuntu 14, VMWare, TeamCity, gcc)

Pierre Tardy tardyp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 14:25:50 UTC 2016

Hi Mats,

There is a memcached branch here: https://github.com/ccache/ccache/pull/58
I've been running a previous version of this for years with great success,
and you can see that others also had success with it.
Event for 16 agent, you will probably begin to see performance improvment
compared to NFS single point of failure.

At the moment, it is kept as a separate branch as we haven't figured out a
way to cleanly disable it for people who do not want it while still being
maximum performance for people who want it. See the PR discussion.

BR
Pierre