[ccache] Bug with clang

Éric Chamberland Eric.Chamberland at giref.ulaval.ca
Tue Mar 15 18:53:43 UTC 2016

> I added the option, at: https://github.com/jrosdahl/ccache/pull/74

ok, got it.  I tested it on the small example and everything is now
fine... I'll install this version for now until an official release...

>>> And maybe how to use ccache with clang should be better documented ?
>> Maybe... can't tell... I found your page as soon as I googled for "clang
>> ccache"... :)
> Actually it should work out-of-the-box now, including the coloring.
> It's also part of the test scope now, on both OS X and Linux (ELF).
> Hopefully that means it'll continue to work, thanks to Travis CI.
> I meant in the ccache manual, but who reads those things anyway :-)
>
>>> It was only recently that the clang tests were fixed (396df7e), so it
>>> seems like most developers are using gcc - and thus that is assumed.
>>> I think we will see more things like this with GCC 5 (and later) too,
>>> so some extra lines about source-level warnings are probably needed...
>> We use also gcc and ICC, but clang is there to help us write better
>> code... and documentation now... almost... :)
>>> For now, the best workaround here is the "run_second_cpp" config.
>> Done! :)
> And you now (soon) have a "keep_comments_cpp" config to complement it!
Excellent!

> Now, wonder if ccache actually compiles with -Weverything enabled ?
> Nope - that seems to take a lot of effort. Only 187 errors remaining.

Doh! :)  the quest for perfect code....  Maybe -Weverything should be
renamed -perfect ? :)

Thanks a lot for the quick implementation!  Hope it will be merged into
the master for the next release...

Eric