[ccache] ccacje direct mode without fall back to running the preprocessor

vkr venkatakrishnarao.ks at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 03:13:43 UTC 2015

Hello Andew,
> The answer is "no", because it is necessary to run the preprocessor in
order to fill the cache and record the file list that direct mode lookups
use.

What are the consequences if we don't let ccache record the file list, but
just run the preprocessor and
do a cache lookup using the preprocessor mode?

WiIl I just have additional overhead when the next direct-look up runs? I
guess this is the only drawback.

regards,
Venkat.