[ccache] Using ccache with memcached

Pierre Tardy tardyp at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 10:32:39 UTC 2015

Hi,

I like it very much. I think it adds great value for ccache, and to my old
memcached-only attempt.

I did not realize the use for moxi also as a connection "keep-alive"
mechanism, and a way to hide the syn-ack latency overhead. I think this is
what you mean by "avoid some of the network overhead." .This perhaps would
deserve a little bit more details in the doc.

Even if it is not ready, I think it would be worth to create a pull
request, and make it easier for everybody to review the current code.

This is what I used to do it, but its not easy to put and track review
comments.
https://github.com/jrosdahl/ccache/compare/master...itensionanders:memcached-only

Mike already put a bunch of coding style review comments on my own commits.
I would rather not fix them myself, as I know you already have an evolved
version which is more suitable for merging.

Cheers
Pierre