[ccache] ccache's cleanup algorithm

Scott Bennett bennett at sdf.org
Wed Nov 4 08:06:00 UTC 2015

Scott Bennett <bennett at sdf.org> wrote:

>      In ccache's cleanup.c module, the comments say that files are deleted
> from the cache on a LRU basis.  However, the code refers to mtime, not atime,
> so it appears that ccache is, in reality, using a Least Recently *Modified*
> basis upon which to expire files from the cache.  Is that really what ccache
> does?  Or did I miss something?  If it's really using LRM instead of LRU,
> can anyone explain why?
>      I am not susbscribed to this list, so please be sure to copy me in
> directly on any replies.  Thanks in advance!

     Oops.  After discovering the hard way that the list is not completely
open (i.e., a subscription is required in order to post), I subscribed and
then reattempted to post what I had tried to post earlier, but forgot to
delete the final request above.  Just ignore it; there's no need to send a
copy to me directly.  Sorry for any confusion.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG
* Internet:   bennett at sdf.org   *xor*   bennett at freeshell.org  *