[ccache] ccache and devtools-2 (CentOS-6.6)

Athanasios Kostopoulos athanasioskostopoulos at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 11:46:32 MST 2014

Dear list,
I am using devtools-2 and I want to enable ccache for them. For those
unfamiliar with the concept, here is a bit of context:
I am on CentOS 6.6 which ships with gcc 4.4. This compiler is not suitable
for the project I am working on so I installed devtools-2. Devtools-2
installs a mini-root environment under /opt/rh/devtools-2/root/ with
version 4.8 of gcc (which is acceptable for my project). In order to enable
it I do something along the lines of scl enable devtoolset-2 bash and then
call gradle for my project. However, if I do not do this step, non-cache
version of 4.4 is being used.
I have exported CC and CXX to something along the lines of
CC="ccache /opt/rh/devtools-2/root/usr/bin/gcc"

I am really stuck on this one so any inputs are greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Athanasios