[ccache] ccacje direct mode without fall back to running the preprocessor

Andrew Stubbs ams at codesourcery.com
Thu Sep 4 14:21:04 MDT 2014

On 04/09/14 08:32, vkr wrote:> I would like to know if I can avoid
 > "If there is no match, ccache falls back to running the preprocessor."

The answer is "no", because it is necessary to run the preprocessor in
order to fill the cache and record the file list that direct mode
lookups use.

It might be possible if you wanted to run the cache in read-only mode,
but that might not be very useful, and I don't believe there's an option
for that now.

Andrew