[ccache] Support for color diagnostics

interfaSys Sàrl interfasys at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 17:25:08 MST 2014

Hello,

I've just tested the patch with a patched gcc48 with -fdiagnostics-color support
on FreeBSD 9 and it works with one exception.

GCC's documentations says:
"‘auto’ means to use color only when the standard error is a terminal"

So, if my understanding is correct, this means that, when using
-fdiagnostics-color=auto , I should be seeing colours when using the
terminal and indeed, that's the normal behaviour when ccache falls back to
the compiler (I see colours).

With that patch, I don't see the colours in auto mode. It only works in
always mode.

Cheers,

Olivier