[ccache] Support for color diagnostics

Ryan Hill dirtyepic at gentoo.org
Tue Feb 11 20:49:27 MST 2014

On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 12:39:25 +0100
Lubos Lunak <l.lunak at centrum.cz> wrote:

>  Clang automatically uses colors for output automatically if used in
> terminal. Ccache's redirecting to a file disables this. GCC 4.8 has got a
> similar support, except that it apparently requires also $GCC_COLORS or an
> explicit option.
>
>  The patch detects if the compiler would use colors if used without ccache
> and explicitly forces an option to achieve this. Note that I do not have GCC
> 4.8 here, so I tested with Clang's alias and the GCC_COLORS support is done
> based on documentation.

-fdiagnostics-color and GCC_COLORS were added in 4.9.  Maybe some distros have
backported it?

$ gcc-4.8.2 -fdiagnostics-color -c main.c
gcc-4.8.2: error: unrecognized command line option '-fdiagnostics-color'

--
Ryan Hill                        psn: dirtyepic_sk
   gcc-porting/toolchain/wxwidgets @ gentoo.org

47C3 6D62 4864 0E49 8E9E  7F92 ED38 BD49 957A 8463