[ccache] State of ccache on Windows

Michael Augustin maugustin at gmx.net
Fri Oct 11 13:16:08 MDT 2013

Hi CCache Developer,

what is the state of CCache on Windows? Is it working together with cmake and Unix Makefiles on Windows, without msys, but with cygwin?

I ask because I've created a patch some time ago and send it to this list. It make sure that all path are converted to forward slash paths just before comparing against already hashed data. It also make sure that absolute windows paths starting with driveletters are recognized as absolute paths - e.g. for replacing that part with CCACHE_BASEDIR value.

I've added my patch here again, but it's possible that it doesn't apply cleanly since I've posted it already at 20.06.2013.