[ccache] ccache exceeding the cache size limit!

Eric Chamberland Eric.Chamberland at giref.ulaval.ca
Wed Jun 5 09:22:12 MDT 2013

Hi,

I have a problem with ccache:

it doesn't seem to limit itself to the max size I have given!

Then I have errors compiling:

<built-in>:0:0: fatal error: when writing output to : No space left on
device

and very strangely, when I have these errors I try "ccache -s" which
give me:

cache directory                     /tmp/eric/ccache/
cache hit (direct)                     4
cache hit (preprocessed)               0
cache miss                            27
compile failed                        19
preprocessor error                     5
unsupported compiler option           58
files in cache                        51
cache size                         125.9 Mbytes

but my cache size limit is supposed to be 20Gb!!!

and if I do "du -ms /tmp/eric/ccache/" I get:

33615   /tmp/eric/ccache/

here are my ccache options:

CCACHE_PREFIX=/usr/bin/icecc
CCACHE_SLOPPINESS=include_file_mtime