[ccache] Bug compiling package freetype

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Mon Mar 18 10:45:34 MDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 12:10:18PM -0400, Martin Pool wrote:
> What kind of file is the ftsystem.lo mentioned in the error? (What does
> `file $PATH` say?)

ftsystem.lo is a  a libtool object file.
if I don't use ccache it's an ascii file and it's contents is something like:

# Name of the PIC object.
pic_object='.libs/ftsystem.o'

# Name of the non-PIC object
non_pic_object='ftsystem.o'

if I use ccache the file type is:
objs/ftsystem.lo: ELF 64-bit LSB relocatable, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped

Did you try youself to compile freetype on linux? I'm quite sure you will encounter
the same problem.

Giacomo