[ccache] [RFC] Do manifest_put in a background task.

Andrew Stubbs ams at codesourcery.com
Fri Dec 14 09:08:33 MST 2012

On further inspection, I think this is unsafe: if the source files are
overwritten after the foreground task exits, but before the background
task hashes the file, then the result can be hashed incorrectly.
Unfortunately, this sort of thing happens quite commonly in autoconf tests.

I think I'm going to have to withdraw the suggestion, at least until
I've looked at it more closely.

Andrew