[ccache] permit ccache to build with clang

Joel Rosdahl joel at rosdahl.net
Sun Sep 23 02:30:56 MDT 2012

On 22 September 2012 18:12, Eitan Adler <lists at eitanadler.com> wrote:
> On 22 September 2012 11:43, Joel Rosdahl <joel at rosdahl.net> wrote:
>> So, I can't apply it. I think it's quite silly of clang to warn about
>> unused -I options; it would be a hassle to add -I options potentially
>> tailored for each source code file.
>
> Clang is complaining about unused linker options during compilation.
> It does not complain about unused -l options during the linking phase.

Right, but the error I showed you is from a compilation step. Try
running "make test" in a build directory different from the source
directory and you'll see.

> My patch is probably wrong. Is there a different way to make autoconf
> only pass -l during the link stage?

-I isn't used when linking. What you need to do is to make sure that
exactly the right set of -I options is used for each source code file.
A more reasonable way would probably be to make a configure test that
turns off -Werror for silly compilers.

-- Joel