[ccache] ccache problem with CCACHE_BASEDIR

Joel Rosdahl joel at rosdahl.net
Sat Jul 28 09:24:29 MDT 2012

On 27 July 2012 14:33, Joel Rosdahl <joel at rosdahl.net> wrote:
> [...] So, the code needs to handle x_realpath returning NULL.

Eric, I've now applied your patch with some tweaks in
2df269a3121889ebcdfa5d98dfb4d675f690e039 (see
http://git.samba.org/?p=ccache.git;a=commit;h=2df269a3121889ebcdfa5d98dfb4d675f690e039).
Thanks!

> Thinking more about this, it would probably be better to (instead of
> realpath) use some function that doesn't expand symlinks and doesn't
> care whether the path exists or not. [...]

On the other hand, such a function would still need to expand symlinks
when there are ".." components in the path, which feels quite complex.

-- Joel