[ccache] PATCH: Look at include files' mtimes

Wilson Snyder wsnyder at wsnyder.org
Mon May 28 06:03:27 MDT 2012

>> I can't say I'm particularly interested in supporting two manifest
>> versions simultaneously
>
>I agree that supporting only the latest should be enough.
>
>Coming to think of it, perhaps it would be a good idea to include the
>manifest version in the manifest hash so that ccache versions using
>different manifest versions won't even try to read each others'
>manifest files? (Currently, ccache overwrites incompatible manifest
>files with its own version.)

Allowing multiple versions to co-reside and not trash each
other's result would be useful.  Presently I need redefine
CCACHE_DIR for each version to avoid overlap, which is
annoying.  (On a large multi-os cluster it often isn't possible
to roll out a new version simultaneously.)

Although... if the stats format changes overlap must still
be avoided.  Including the version number in the stats
filename would solve that too.