[ccache] Suggested patch to add local strtok_r for systems lacking it

Jürgen Buchmüller pullmoll at t-online.de
Thu Apr 12 03:17:38 MDT 2012

Am Donnerstag, den 12.04.2012, 18:54 +1000 schrieb Martin Pool:
> Thanks for the patch.
>
> I guess the definition ought to be guarded by HAVE_STRTOK_R, not _WIN32.

Of course! I should have looked through it once more before submission.

> Perhaps you also need to update configure.in to check for it?

I thought that config.h.in standard defines, i.e. defines for well known
function names, would be handled automagically by the autotools and it
would suffice to just add the #define. I'll take a closer look now.

In any case, I realized there actually _is_ a strtok_r implementation in
libgw32c - of course! It's just that it was hidden behind a __USE_GNU
ifdef, so I have to specify -D_GNU_SOURCE to enable its visibility.

What I'm trying to achieve is to build ccache-3.1.7 on mingw32 together
with the glibc substitute gw32c. The readily available ccache-win32,
which most people use, is based on ccache-2.4 and a little hackish for
my taste.

Currently I'm running into some brick walls because I must undefine
_WIN32 to avoid conflicts between win32 and glibc for various types and
macros. I will report should I succeed, since I suspect many people will
be interested in a more recent ccache for mingw32.

Regards
Juergen