[ccache] Minor enhancement request: Handling of CCACHE_PREFIX when it is defined as a null string

Joel Rosdahl joel at rosdahl.net
Wed Feb 8 14:10:12 MST 2012

On 7 February 2012 23:06, Frank Klotz <frank.klotz at alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:
> What does this mean in terms of which release has this?  I downloaded 3.1.6
> in October when I started this project (latest Released version at that
> time) and it's not in that.  Is it in 3.1.7? (If so, it's not obvious from
> the release notes.)  Or is it scheduled for a future release (date TBD)?

It's not in any release yet. As mentioned on
http://ccache.samba.org/repo.html, there's a branch called maint,
which contains changes that will end up in the next bugfix release
(3.1.8), and a branch called master, which contains changes that will
end up in the next feature release (3.2).

There's no real time plan for when to release version 3.2, I'm afraid.
The major thing I planned for 3.2 was to introduce configuration via
configuration files (see
http://www.mail-archive.com/ccache@lists.samba.org/msg00656.html).
I've actually implemented most of it, put it's not yet published as
there are some minor things left to do, and I haven't had much time
for working on it lately.

-- Joel