[ccache] Support for -fprofile-generate, -fprofile-use, -fprofile-arcs

Justin Lebar justin.lebar at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 21:33:26 MDT 2011

> Assuming -fprofile-generate/-fprofile-use also work on windows, that
> code shouldn't be ifdef'ed out. Instead I need an equivalent to
> x_realpath for windows (or windows support for x_realpath).

I'm confused; do you mean MSVC or GCC on Windows?

MSVC PGO doesn't have a set of compilation flags equivalent to
-fprofile-generate and -fprofile-use.  Most of the work is done in the
linker.  See the bottom of [1].

Does ccache support GCC on Windows running outside a cygwin-like
environment?  Presumably if you're in cygwin, you have x_realpath?

-Justin

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa289170%28v=vs.71%29.aspx