[ccache] (no subject)

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Sat Jun 25 09:56:04 MDT 2011

Dear Mail-List members;

I am trying to understand the difference how ccache detects gcc42 and gcc45
from make.conf.  As a trial, I commented out everything about ccache in
make.conf file except:
CC=/usr/local/libexec/ccache/world/gcc45
CXX=/usr/local/libexec/ccache/world/g++45
then I instructed to "buildworld" (I know it's wrong, just testing) I got
ccache: FATAL: Could not find compiler "gcc45" in PATH

However I DO have in my csh.cshrc:  /usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
echo $PATH also shows this path where gcc45 is located.

I have already re-built ccache & libtool with gcc45 and I am out of ideas of
what any other step I can take to furthher diagnose the problem.

Regards...