[ccache] Configuration file plan

Joel Rosdahl joel at rosdahl.net
Wed Apr 27 12:52:41 MDT 2011

On 2011-04-06 23:25, Owen Mann wrote:
> Question: for an NFS-mounted cache, wouldn't different users'
> CCACHE_MAXxxxx values conflict? It seems to me it's better as a
> one-time or per-cache setting. I can definitely see how it would have
> value in a single-user setup, though.

One of my reasons for wanting to introduce a configuration file is to
improve the multi-user case so that it's easier to make all users use
the same settings (umask, compression, hardlink, nlevels, max_size,
etc.), so I haven't considered having a per-user configuration file --
<ccachedir>/ccache.conf is per-cache.

-- Joel