[ccache] About Win32 binary

Ramiro Polla ramiro.polla at gmail.com
Mon May 10 18:08:11 MDT 2010

Hi,

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 8:59 PM, asm warrior <asmwarrior at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, all.  I just came from this post in Codeblocks form:
> http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,12285.msg83666.html#msg83666
>
> I have just find the Win32 support of ccache from this post:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/ccache@lists.samba.org/msg00426.html
>
> But there are only patches on the current 3.0 preview release. So, my
> question is:
>
> How can I build a win32 binary ccache on Windows system. (I have
> MinGW, MSYS already installed). I found the manual in
> http://ccache.samba.org/ccache-man.html  is not so clear about
> installation on Win32 system.

You should get the latest source code with git, then apply the patches
sequentially, and win32_tests.diff last. Then run "sh autogen.sh",
configure and make normally.

> Is it possible to supply some Win32 binary files, so that a normal
> user can use it directly (not build it himself)

Here it is:
http://ramiro.arrozcru.org/ccache-win32-1.exe

It's a build with the exact same patches as I posted on the other
thread, cross compiled from Ubuntu, with debugging information. I
might remove it at any moment though (sorry to whoever gets here from
some search engine and gets frustrated because the link 404s).

Ramiro Polla